We are currently hiring for the following two positions however if you are a craft beer rock star in another area and want to be considered for future opportunities then please send your resume as well.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for the position you’re applying for along with your salary requirements to email@example.com and we will contact you if you are a potential candidate.
TAPROOM OPERATIONS MANAGER:
The Taproom Manager will be responsible for running the front of the house programs at both our Niwot and Longmont locations. This is a highly visible position and the right candidate will have a great attitude and enjoy communicating effectively with employees, management, and customers. This person must be responsible, trustworthy, committed to excellent service, and have the ability to work independently and exercise fair judgment within ownership guidelines.
Pay: Salaried Position. Pay based on experience.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, motivating and disciplining taproom staff.
- In conjunction with management’s goals, will communicate values, strategies, and objectives, assign accountabilities, plan, monitor, and appraise job results, develop incentives, and develop a climate for offering information and opinions.
- Schedule, manage, and monitor employees at both taproom locations.
- Must be comfortable filling in for every task of employees they manage. This includes, but is not limited to, checking IDs, taking orders, serving customers, answering questions, stocking, selling swag, calculating bills, collecting payments, understanding our products, and all aspects of cleaning the taprooms.
- Create regular training exercises to further beer knowledge and customer service.
- Create and implement systems and procedures for efficient operations.
- Oversee beer ordering for taprooms both internally and externally.
- Oversee loss prevention.
- Monitor inventory of taproom supplies and reorder as necessary. Ensure taprooms are stocked sufficiently.
- Provide information and reports to owners as required.
- Ensure compliance with all labor, sanitation, health, safety, and service laws.
- Arrange for the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of draft systems and other taproom infrastructure as needed.
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings with other management.
- Manage Tap Room budget.
- Analyze trends on visitors, events, beer, food and merchandise.
- Create and implement in-house events that will bring in new customers and increase revenue and oversee the setting up, staffing, breaking down and cleaning up of all on-site events.
- Maintain a schedule for food trucks.
- Promote Bootstrap Brewing through social media outlets as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by owners. This job description may be updated as the company grows and management sees fit.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5 years experience managing a busy bar or restaurant. Having managed a brewery taproom is a major plus.
- In-depth understanding of craft beer and quality service. Previous experience with Cicerone training, TIPS certification, providing tours or presentations, and brewing processes are a bonus.
- Working knowledge of restaurant POS software and Microsoft office.
- Outgoing personality, excellent communication skills, and the ability to remain calm while multi-tasking in a busy environment.
- Necessary math skills to perform calculations, process transactions, and analyze sales figures.
- Able to stand for extended periods, reach, bend, stoop, lift 50 pounds, and occasionally maneuver 165 pound kegs.
- Flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and occasional travel.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Driven, self-starter.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment. The ability to think quickly, adapt and be flexible.
- Must love Classic Rock!
We are looking for fun, outgoing, and enthusiastic beertenders to join our team. Primary duties are to set-up, run and close the tasting room in both locations. The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Must have bartending experience in a fast, busy environment.
- Strong desire to work in the craft beer industry and willingness to learn as much as possible about our brewery, process and products to represent us appropriately.
- Must be 21+.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be TIPs certified prior to start of employment. Cicerone highly desirable.
- Able to stand for an entire shift and move or slide kegs if needed. Switch kegs on tap as needed.
- Good math and multitasking skills.
- Clean and organized.
- Honest and reliable. Background check required.
- Willing to kindly enforce tasting room policies.
- Positive attitude with a great sense of humor.
- Outgoing and able to converse with guests at all times while balancing serving and cleaning duties.
- Interested in attending events and festivals to represent Bootstrap outside of the facility when needed and able to represent the company professionally at all times during events where drinking is happening.
- Must love Classic Rock!